Cob Re: Off-topic Earthen Floor

HandyM2 at aol.com HandyM2 at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 11:14:48 CDT 1998

<< <<All that mixing of
 fibres into claylike soils, and handling MIGHT be cheap in Dollars but I
VALUE
 my time as money also.... >>

 Have you thought of mixing in the fiber with a paddle type mortar mixer? I
 have made cob with one and found it quick and easy. ~~howard >>

Howard with respect, the mixing is easily handled with a paddle mixer esp if
the fibre length is short enough.  However I have worked a bit with beginning
cobbers and find the building effort FAR more artistic in nature than getting
the building built.

I have far more interest with the cementious ideas like adding lime to your
clay for Roman Cement.  Godd for thousands of years BTW <G>

Michael