Cob Fw: Phone Scam

Patrick Hayes patrick at realgoods.com
Thu Oct 22 19:04:25 CDT 1998

This is a hoax.  I have spoken to several people in the phone industry and it is
debunked as an urban myth.  there used to be a time when you could re route calls
with a similar method.

UWE, I did not see your personal testimony that you had confirmed this with your
phone service provider.  I suggust that you research a serious topic like this
before you send out a panic attack.  None of us needs anymore to worry about.  If
you do choose to send out a dose of hysteria, please delete my address from your
book.  I do not need or appreciate the attempted scare.  I suspect you are looking
out for our best interest, but invest some of your own time and do not tell me the
sky is falling, just because chicken little told you this was the case.