If only we could Cob.

Otherfish at aol.com Otherfish at aol.com
Sat Oct 24 01:03:30 CDT 1998

achitu. avalon bruce aka Brings Together Woman

so
tell me
what do you propose?

it seems we agree - these ARE heavy issues!!
how would / will you act to help bring forth a solution?

a solution to what?

I for one am glad that there are folks who choose to fight the political /
cultural fight
cause its way beyond me
-if I get into the clash of cultures and power then it would be all over for
me
cause thats where my energy would go
-and thats not me
-I personally would be lost

so I personally find it VITAL that each of us recognize our limits, gifts &
skills
- our personal realm of power
-& that we each work within our realm
-to stop that part of the maddness that we can stop
and
-that we all respect ourselves & others for doing that
-for fighting the fight WHERE we can

I don't know about other cultures
I do know mine
I do know what I see

-I'm forever amazed at the strong reactions this simple statement brings:

WE ALL ACT FROM A POINT OF SELF INTREST

-there is plenty of evidence in everyday life that shows that IN THE ULTIMATE
this to be the fact
-it seems to me that a statement that lauds one cultural model over another
goes far to give truth to this

-and yet folks deny it
-denial of this is self delusional

this is not to say that you or anybody is wrong for wanting culture to be a
certain way
-far be it from me to say that a way is right OR wrong
-we have NO RIGHT to tell others how to live
-none of us do
-but, if you try to do this... well,  get ready to loose some teeth

what I'm trying to say is
-we live in the world that we live in
-it does little good to cry, whine, or bitch about it
-the world today is what it is
-so get on with it
-find a way to use this world
-in a way that is effective
-to change it
and
-since people are self motivated
-then if I, you, we
-fight for what we want to see come to be
-& do it so that folks can self benefit from it
-THEN IT WILL HAPPEN

what does this have to do with cob?
simple
set it free
make it possible for folks to build with cob
anywhere, any time, in self intrest, cheaper than they can build anyother way
&
IT WILL HAPPEN
- anything else that we load onto it just makes it more difficult
& stops what otherwise could come to be

little houses on the hillside
little houses made of sticky cob
little houses, little houses , and they all look just so fine

cob on
john fordice
TCCP
otherfish at aol.com