Cob cover or temporary roof.

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Wed Oct 28 12:58:25 CST 1998

Well since it's almost winter, the black works out nice.
I like the old rv awnings idea.
to bridge the top of my dome (cement) and the temporary roof, I dipped some old
burlap bags in a cement solution which I then draped over the top of the bond
beam sitting on top of my earth wall. I've been walking on it and sprayed a
hose over it once just to see how it would far in a rain. Not too bad.

Pat
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk

> Subject:       Re: Cob cover or temporary roof.
> Date:          Wed, 28 Oct 1998 10:02:10 PST

> just got back from a cob workshop in sonora. an interesting thing they
> used there were old rv awnings. i guess they went to an rv awning repair
> shop and they were left overs. great for keeping out uvh and very
> durable and sturdy. the only thing i would question about using "black"
> is that it attracts the heat. these old rv awnings were lighter shaded.

"There is No Hope, but I may be wrong."