Cement Mixer Cob

Otherfish at aol.com Otherfish at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 22:49:45 CST 1998

to GRLWYMIN
if you can get the straw to mix in ok with a cement mixer then by all means
use a cement mixer
- at a cob project now under construction in Berkeley, CA we are using a small
(appx. 15 gal. capacity) cement mixer to mix the soil / sand / water to a
plastic state & then we dump it on a tarp & foot mix in he straw
- works real good
-is a big lador saver over all foot mixed

-don't know about mortar / stucco mixers
apparently some folks have had good results mixing cob - straw & all in small
batches this way

check the list archives & you'll probably find some good stuff

cob on
john fordice

john fordice