Cob cement mixer cob was Off-topic Earthen Floor

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Thu Oct 29 03:01:27 CST 1998

I've made cob with a cement mixer in this meathod.
I put the earth and water in the the cement mixer.
Mix not unlike I would do if I was mixing a plaster.
At this point the mixture is wetter than cob.
Then I place this wet mixture on a tarp or wheel barrell etc,
then I add straw which begins to soak up the extra liquid which the creates
a mixture which is stout enough to be called cob.
The electic cement mixer I have does  not do a good job a mixing that last
stage (the stout mixture with the straw)
But it still saves a lot of labor.

Pat
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk