Cob Northeast USA cobbers??

dmarek at hotmail.com dmarek at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:39:37 CST 1998

Hi Ann -

There's a guy named Jan Sturmann in Shutesbury, Mass. who is building a
cob house at an intentional community called Sirius.  I just recently
saw it.  He also teaches several cob construction workshops; I think
he's one of the Cob Cottage Company instructors.  Not sure of other
cobbers in the Northeast, altho the area is supposed to be growing in
eco-friendly building.  From what I understand, there is more strawbale
happening up that way.

Not sure about the building code part of your question; would like the
answer to that myself.  I "hear" there are some places in Vermont and
Oregon that are without code or code friendly.  Personally, I hope to
move to the Northeast (Vermont/upstate NY possibly), so please let me
know whatever you find...!  thanks!

Debra