Cob Clay, Fibers, & FC-Mold???-Mini Bales

Chuck Learned clearned at bminet.com
Thu Oct 29 14:47:43 CST 1998

> Could the mold be from the straw rather than the clay?
> Pat

It could be from fibers in general. I have seen it in straw mixtures,
woodchip and cellulose.
However it appears on the wall surface, which is mostly clay on the
surface.

Chuck.

P.s. Pat, by the way, I am messing around with these mini bales 12" x 6" x
5" . They are hand tied and made by a miniture replica baler. There
apparently is someone in Wisconsin who makes them
and charges around $2,800.00 Yup, expensive and you still have to hand tie
them while they are in the baler. I guess they say you could do 20 per
hour(tying). If you have thresheree folks around you they may know of such
a beast. They could be attached to your dome easily enough, hard to say if
there worth the trouble though. They could also be inserted into a double
cob wall or a cob wall with an open cell configuration