Cob Re: cob oven for bread

Juan C. Bobeda JCBobeda at infonet.com.py
Fri Oct 30 09:12:42 CST 1998

Hi Uwe,

In Paraguay where I live, people mix molasses from sugarcane to the mud
to keep the oven from cracking. Sorry I don't know the exact
proportions, but it's something like 1/2 to 1 liter (aprox. 1/2 to 1
quart) of molasses per 10 liters of earth (mud).
You have to wait for the oven to be dry well before first firing which
should be done with a small fire so all moisture will dry, after this
you can fire the oven with a strong fire.

Good luck,

Juan C. Bobeda
jcbobeda at infonet.com.py