Cob please stop the fight

Paul Valerio valeri at io.com
Sun Nov 1 17:21:09 CST 1998

Uwe,

You are perfectly in the right.  You don't owe anyone an apology in my opinion.  You have been unjustly and harshly rebuked by someone who is using this list to vent, for some reason unknown to me.  I don't see what the problem is.  I am glad to see a "community" atmosphere on the list and I hope there is more of it in the future.  Where would we be
without Pat from Georgia, with his continuous commentaries and diary-type postings?.  And, how about the poetical ramblings of Mike from Austin?  Cool, dude!  And how about the insight given to us by the Spencers from Tennessee(?) as their cob quest takes them from their local dumpsters to Indiana/Ohio(?) in search of land!

I have seen certain names so many times on this list that I almost feel that I know these ( or "you") people and feel that I would be most welcome in their ( or "your") homes, ( or should I say "home-sites"?!).  There are so few regulars on this list that it could hardly be considered an offense to occaisionally be a little more personable in our
posts.  In your case, I find it very interesting to know that you came from Germany, went to Mexico, and are now considering building a cob church and orphanage (if that was you that was planning that).  I mean, WOW!, tell us more.  How did this all happen?  What led you to cob?  What led you to Mexico?  What do you know about cob in Germany?

For the amount of effort that it takes to write one post to this list, I could just as easily delete a dozen or more "wasteful" posts, and I know nobody will be offended if I do.  So I say "cob on" like John Fordice always says (or something like that, with the cob code project), and "ramble on" in the words of Jimmy and Robert.

Paul "Nathan-I have not yet begun to fight-Hale" Valerio!  Wahoo!