Cob with living roof

Otherfish at aol.com Otherfish at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 09:49:16 CST 1998

to renewables

you wrote re your earth roof
:
snip.....
The earth roof has an eight inch thick sod over gravel, #2 stone, tu-tuff, 2"
insulation, and 1:12 sloping plywood roof (sloping from center). This alone
does help keep the building much cooler. It also has a history of lasting much
longer than most other roofs if installed properly.
.....snip

question:
what is your waterproof membrane?
we are going to put a 6" sod/living roof on the berkeley cob tool shed project
& plan on using a torchdown modified bitumen membrane over the wood roof
sheathing
-we have yet to select a specific manufacturer / brand
-can you comment?

-or has anybody on the list dealt with a torchdown product or some other
membrane for this & what did you use?

thanks
&
cob on