Cob with living roof

raven talmhain pagani at juno.com
Mon Nov 2 20:33:43 CST 1998

John,
   Have you considered EPDM rubber sheeting as a water/rootproof membrane
for a "living roof"? I've only had a little bit of experience using it.
But, I think that it would work well. It's Very thick (I believe 45 MIL)
rubber that is similar to what inner tubes are made of. Since the seams
of the sheets are vulcanized (sorta like patching a bike tire) the whole
thing becomes, efectively, one big seamless sheet.
   Also something that might work would be pond liner mat'l. It comes in
large sheets is obviously waterproof and is designed for long term
contact with the soil. (I haven't tried it but it makes sense)
   As for where to get it, garden centers sometimes carry pond liner ( I
think Real Goods has it to). I'm not sure where get the EPDM rubber (does
anyone have any ideas?).
   Hope this helps.

   Blessed be!
   Raven Talmhain
   pagani at juno.com
   Denver,CO.       "The heretic is he who lights the fire. Not she who
burns in it."

                          W. Shakespeare

>> you wrote

>> question:
>> what is your waterproof membrane?

>> -we have yet to select a specific manufacturer / brand
>> -can you comment?
>>
>> -or has anybody on the list dealt with a torchdown product or some
>othe=
>> membrane for this & what did you use?
>>
>> thanks
>> &
>> cob on
>> john fordice
>> TCCP
>> otherfish at aol.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]