No subject

s.zeidel at utoronto.ca s.zeidel at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 7 05:56:37 CST 1998

I was looking over a few of the cob websites and was wondering about a few
things. First, what is the weather restriction for this sort of building
material? I live in Canada, and noticed that there are some cob workshops
being held in the more temperate side of British Columbia, but I was
wondering if cob would be viable out east as well (I was thinking about
Montreal and Toronto). If not cob, then just what sorts of cheap
altenative housing would be viable?
Also I was wondering if all the cob homes were above ground structures? I
didn't see anything resembling a basement among the pictures and
descriptions on the web sites.. I was just drawing some small home designs
on paper and wondered what I could and couldn't include.. Would a rooftop
garden be possible (one that covered the entire roof), or would it be too
problematic for leaks.