Cob/Earthbags & passive solar

Patrick Hayes patrick at realgoods.com
Tue Nov 17 20:28:25 CST 1998

Uwe, I am working on a cob pumphouse which will have a dome roof.  The formworks are available for free, depending on location and size you want.  Free! I say.  I found a 12' satellite dish with wire mesh.  These are the old style and are a dime a dozen.  A great many people in the states have
shifted to the 18" dishes or to the 3' dishes.  The big ones are so pase'.  I plan to use this as the form for the roof.  I was thinking of using a lime based material or a waterproof stucco.  This will be carefully formed into the mesh and bingo a roof.

Just a thought.