Cob on HGTV

Keftydia at aol.com Keftydia at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 12:16:57 CST 1999

I don't know how many of you caught it, but HGTV recently aired a segment on
cob on the program "21st Century Home."  It featured an interview with Jan
Sturmann as he was building a cob home in Massachusetts.  For me at least, I
got more out of this 10 minute piece than months of reading.  I was able to
see the cob, judge its water content, and see the technique involved in
building.  Cob veterans may find this old hat, but I thought it was great.
They also featured a finished cob structure in Northern California, giving a
wonderful tour of the inside and outside.

The show ran about two weeks ago, but check your local listings.  My aunt was
kind enough to videotape the show for me, otherwise I would have missed it,
too.