Cob An extremely rare event

Mark Piepkorn (f.k.a. M J Epko [R.I.P.]) duckchow at mail2.greenbuilder.com
Fri Jan 15 00:47:27 CST 1999

	I waffled about whether or not to post this to the coblist. Ever since I
met Shannon, I'm kinda scared to break the list-rules.   :)   But being as
how five out of the five named headliners *really* like earthen plasters, I
figure maybe it's close enough to pass. If I don't post here any more,
you'll know that Shannon hunted me down and that I'm suffering excruciating
long-term physical pain.

- - - - -

DAWN / Out On Bale By Mail presents: STRAW-BALE CONSTRUCTION - TUCSON & THE
WORLD

A LONG-AWAITED UPDATE OF STRAW BALE CONSTRUCTION IN THE DESERT SOUTHWEST
AND AROUND THE WORLD.

SATURDAY EVENING, FEBRUARY 27   7:00 - 9:00 pm

SLIDE SHOWS AND PRESENTATIONS BY INTERNATIONAL LEADERS OF THE STRAW-BALE
REVIVAL:

DAVID EISENBERG - Development Center of Appropriate Technology, Co-Author
of The Straw Bale House
* An overview of the straw-bale construction revival, including a variety
of modern straw-bale structures around the United States, plus a building
code update.

MATTS MYHRMAN AND JUDY KNOX - Out On Bale (un)Ltd, Co-author of Build It
With Bales, Founding Publishers of The Last Straw Journal
* Straw-bale building on the Navajo Reservation, and internationally in
Mongolia

ATHENA AND BILL STEEN -  The Canelo Project, Co-authors The Straw Bale House
* Building with communities in Mexico (or anywhere) with straw bale as a
basic element of sustainable building and living.

ALSO, EUROPEAN STRAW-BALE BUILDERS FROM FRANCE, HOLLAND, ENGLAND, AND
IRELAND give us an update on exciting strawbale projects throughout Europe.

WHERE:  First Congregational United Church of Christ, 824 N. 2nd Ave., Tucson

ADMISSION:  $5.00 per person - $7.50 per couple - $10.00 per family

CALL DAWN / Out On Bale By Mail at 520-624-1673 for further information

- - - - -

ALSO:  (TENTATIVELY STILL)   A STRAW BALE HOME TOUR
WHERE:  TUCSON AREA
WHEN:  SUNDAY, FEB. 28, 1999    NOON - 4PM

HOME OWNERS HAVE GRACIOUSLY OFFERED TO OPEN THEIR HOMES SO THAT WE CAN ALL
SEE GREAT EXAMPLES OF THIS ENERGY & RESOURCE-CONSERVING BUILDING SYSTEM!
ADMISSION:  $10 per person, $15 for 2 or a family
SELF-GUIDED OPEN HOUSE TOUR of 5-6 HOMES - TICKETS COME WITH MAP