Part Time Job at Cob Cottage Company

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Feb 12 23:45:23 CST 1999

COB COTTAGE COMPANY
PO BOX 123
Cottage Grove, Oregon 97424
(541) 942-2005 phone/fax
Website: http://www.deatech.com/cobcottage/

PART TIME POSITION AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION COORDINATOR

POSITION OPEN IMMEDIATELY-February 12, 1999

Always fascinating, a constant stimulus.  The heart of the Natural
Building Movement!  Endless interesting calls, visitors, mail.  An ideal
place to absorb the cutting edge of an important and expanding
alternative movement.  An exciting opportunity!
We work out of a big solar heated space with spectacular lake and
mountain views on a 1200 acre forest/meadow land trust.  10 minutes to
Cottage Grove, 35 minutes to Eugene.  Kitchen, big garden, hot tub,
silence, clean air, dark at night, elk, bear, and cougar.
Initially 3 days per week, opportunity to be full time; time flexible.
You get an unpaid month's training, then join staff.  We're a small
crew-Linda and Ianto are ultimately responsible, usually 3-5 others,
mostly part-time volunteers/apprentices. We take very modest pay.  Free
social lunches, sometimes supper, garden produce, hot tub, lake
swimming, chance for a room on site.  We're a collective so you're
self-employed.
Bonuses include at least one free natural building workshop,
participation in National Natural Building Colloquium in October, free
room and board until March 15.  You'd also meet many of our professional
colleagues, famous writers, researchers, plus dozens of associates and
alumni from several countries.  We are interviewing now, so phone Linda,
or Ianto at 541-942-2005 M, W, and F, 9:30a-5:00p or 942-3021 evenings
and mornings.

THE WORK-You need to coordinate a small volunteer apprentice crew, and
be responsible for the following:

1. Phone and mail response to a range of natural building questions
2. Office maintenance: receiving mail, shipping, filing, etc.
3. Registering and coordinating workshop participants
4. Designing and sending out information on special events, courses, etc.
5. Helping publish 'The Cobweb" newsletter twice annually
5. Conducting tours of demonstration buildings to visitors
6. Coordinating CCC's associates and trainers

There are other, optional interesting tasks: teaching, public
presentations, graphics and design, writing articles, and building.

SKILLS PREFERRED

*  High organizational skills, detail oriented, office experience
*  Experience in work with public/communications
*  Building experience, especially with cob and other natural materials
*  Good stress management (we're busy quite often) sense of humor...
*  Basic typing/word processing (graphics/typesetting/paste-up an asset)