Production Cob.

Mike Carter and Carol Cannon cobcrew at sprynet.com
Mon Feb 15 07:03:37 CST 1999

Ed,

Always good to hear from another person willing to experiment with making
cob faster.
We're working on organizing a "production cob" 3-4 day workshop for
mid-March down here in Texas at an Ecovillage.  We are going to rent some
equipment, like a mini-excavator (15 foot reach) and a conveyor, to see how
fast (and with what quality) we can make and place cob at height.  The
co-teachers have already worked a lot with cement mixers, mortar mixers, and
experimented with a crane and various pulley systems.  The workshop is only
open to those who have completed 1-week or longer cob workshops or have
extensive cobbing experience.  The cost of making cob using different
techniques will be measured.

Mike