Cob Re: Cinva-Ram is avail

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Mar 16 14:41:28 CST 1999

>List Memebers,
>
>Forwarding this message for those who may still be interested in a
>Cinva-Ram.  Still waiting on a US source as well.

Paul, and all....The official US maker of the real Cinva Ram is Earth Ram
of Mt. View CA... Stuart Crowe the president sells them for about $2,000,
and has other similar models. He aquired the rights to build them late last
year officially. Tel 650-968-8499

I think he is a bit miffed at me since I also have plan sets which people
with access to machine shop/welder can attempt on their own.

Packer press also makes one for $1500. which he claims is beter than coinva
ram, I saw the video
( so boring I fell asleep and it never showed a brick actually being made
at any time- just an emplty machine sitting there for 20 minutes...!)

Lawrence Jetter of an automated machine tells me that most people think
they want to make a brick at atime, but once begun...it gets old fast,and
workers are needed to keep the stabilized mix coming to keep production
going.  The good side is that the bricks can be made in a garage, and left
to cure all winter, then build in spring.  FYI, The video Alt Sampler of
Homes shows the cinva ram in operation ( about 3 minutes worth) but you get
to see exactly how its done.

Charmaine R. Taylor
Taylor Publishing & Elk River Press
PO Box 6985 Eureka CA 95502  1-888-441-1632
More than 300 books for Building & Sustainable living
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/