Cob Re: International Organization for Earth Construction

SANCO Enterprises <Paul & Mary Salas> chansey at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 16:30:02 CST 1999

List Members,  this is a call for action and participation.

There are many of you that believe strongly in living sustainable, in
the construction of homes with earthen or organic materials and on
minimizing reliance on energy derived from fossil fuels.  Many more of
you have spoken passionately about sustainability issues, lack of
published information, restrictive building codes, and numerous other
tpoics relative to construction with strawbales, adobe, cob, rammed
earth and Earthships.

This is a request to put that passion to work with a very worth while
group, the International Organization for Earth Construction.  The group
is a tax exempt non-profit organization with it’s principal focus on
“earth” as the medium in a construction related processes.  Our
president, Dr. Richard L. Ferm, is seeking to re-organize the board of
directors with people who are pro-active, leaders in alternative
construction, industry professionals and advocates for building with
natural materials  This means you qualify and we want you to join us
making a difference in how we live and the materials we use.

The International Organization for Earth Construction will continue to
pursue these major topics;
Earth Harvesting (cisterns, catchments, ponds, distribution systems)
Earth Construction (research, testing, data collection, education,
publishing
Alternative Materials (research into the use of all types of alternative
construction materials)
Proposal and Adoption of “earth building codes”

Your can contact Dr. Richard L. Ferm at rferm at aol.com or (925) 933-2412
or
Paul Salas at  (505) 833-1850  chansey at earthlink.net for further
information.