Cob Commercial clay production

Keith Breuker flyfisherkb at centuryinter.net
Fri Apr 2 20:27:35 CST 1999

We are just finishing our earthen plastered SB house in Northern
Michigan.  The carpenter who is helping me has a job comming up that
will require production of earthen plaster, straw clay and cob on a
larger scale than the five gallon bucket method we used on our house.
He plans to hire me as the earthen plaster guy.

What suggestions are out there for processing clay, cob and plaster for
commercial construction?  The clay we have here usually contains a lot
of moisture and we usually aren't able to process it the way we learned
from the Steens in Arizona.

Thanks
--
Keith Breuker - Engineer