Cob Re: plaster machine

SANCO Enterprises <Paul & Mary Salas> chansey at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 22:44:06 CDT 1999

Harald und Margit Wedig wrote:

> So this is what I found out:
>
> An earth mixer, which is at the same time a plaster pump does NOT exist
> in Europe.

Gentlemen,

Harald thank you for the follow-up, we've all been waiting for a response.

This may seem like bad news, but it really isn't.  The good news is that our
machine is unique and on the cutting edge for application of cob, earth
renders, conventional stucco plaster, gunite, shot-crete and even pumping of
concrete with a max of  3/8" pea gravel. Production rates are 1/2 yd per min
up to 1 yd per min for lighter materials.  I don't believe that a crew of
three can handle much more than a 1/2 yd per min on a wall system.

We are currently taking photos of the the proto-type and will try to have a
WEB site set-up by June 30, 1999.  As was explained in an earlier post, the
machine is a combination of the best of several specialty application
apparata and combined into a single functional unit that is capable of
serving a multiplicity of functions.

The machine may not appeal to all those involved in earthen construction,
however if time, production and quantity of material application is a
factor, it will definitely appeal to commercial builders and those that have
singularly large projects.  It may well be worth a few weeks of one's time
to construct a unit for those who have metal working and welding skills,
able to scrounge for quality used hydraulic components and aren't afraid of
a challenge that can save 3 to 4 months of calendar time and endless amounts
of labor  hours.

For the die-hard E-shippers who must have the tires, we are working on a
adapter device that clamps on to the tire and using our machine fill the
tire with earth and be able to get the material to set-up within 5 to 10
minutes. Gee wiz, an enterprising fellow could even deliver earth filled
tires to a job site--any takers on a new venture?

Paul Salas
SANCO Enterprises
Albuq. NM