Cob Re: earthen floors

Chuck and Linda clearned at bminet.com
Mon Apr 26 19:00:48 CDT 1999

>i saw a program a while ago, i think it was on HGTV where a fellow in
>england
>made a wax finish for tile floors with bees wax and linseed oil.   i
presume
>he melted the wax and then carefuly added the oil.
>questions are did he do it that way? and what proportion?

I was visiting a house where he had an earthen floor and he expressed his
frustration in not being able to find a non toxic wax. When I brought up
Bees wax, he said that he was advised to not use Bees wax in conjunction
with a radiant infloor system. Does anyone have the skinny on this?

Chuck Learned