Cob VIRUS ALERT

Fetter, Tom tom.fetter at aecd.gov.ab.ca
Tue May 4 10:15:33 CDT 1999

Rob, the note I received regarding woodshavings was followed by another with
an attached file called Happy99.exe.  It shows that your computer is
infected with a virus called Happy99.

For all members of the list, please do not open any files called
Happy99.exe, as they will infect your computer.  The virus is not activated
if the file is not opened -- simply delete it, and then clean out your
recycle bin to completely remove it from your computer.

If you have already opened the file, using the "start" button, run a "find"
on your computer for any file including Happy99, and delete it.

This isn't a test, folks.  Though the virus is benign (i.e. won't mess up
your hard drives, but will simply self-propogate), it has made it to the
list, and should be dealt with.

Tom Fetter.