Cob I need some help...

Mark Lamberth mark at efn.org
Mon May 31 13:47:32 CDT 1999

Hi everybody,
  Mark Lamberth here.  I was an apprentice with the Cob Cottage Company
in the summer of 1996, and have done alot of cob building since then.
I'm planning on hosting a week-long cob course here in Eugene, OR at the
end of June.  I've had a heck of a time getting enrollment up for the
workshop, and I wonder if any of you can help me out.
  The course is called "Building with cob and round wood."  It is a
basics cob course with added emphasis on working with non-milled round
poles for the roof structure.  Michael Smith will come up to be the main
instructor along with Robert Kurzfeld, a builder from California with
alot of experience in working with round wood.  All meals for the week
are included in the (reduced) price of $350.  Camping is also included.
  This will be an excellent cob course.  I've chosen instructors that I
think will work very well together.  I really want this course to
happen, but I need to get more people enrolled.  So, here's an offer:
I'll send a check for 10% of the enrollment fee to anyone that sends an
enrollee my way.  Or, if any of you read this and want to take the
course, I'll take 10% off the fee.
  Also, if any of you have any ideas of how to better advertise a
workshop (than plastering this town and a few others with flyers, and
advertising in the Cob Cottage Workshop schedule), please drop me a
line.  I'm realizing that advertising for a workshop is an art in
itself.
  Folks can e-mail or call me at (541) 342-4165.  Thanks alot!
                                                 Mark Lamberth