Cob: cob in paraguay

alexander neumann alex at privat.kkf.net
Wed Jun 9 03:09:15 CDT 1999

I have a couple of questions concerning a project in paraguay.

1. what are the pros and cons of cob, earth brick (adobe) and earth bags?
(Maybe in regard of the climate, hot, 1500mm annual rainfall, high RH)

2. Do Termites go through cob?

3. Does anyone have suggestions for a concrete-free foundation? (waterproof
toe-up?)

4. Does anyone know of earth building individuals or institutions in or
around paraguay (northern Argentina, Southern Brazil)?
Does anyone want to join in ?

Thanks, Alex

P.S.: as I´m new here, I´m a carpenter by trade, living in germany,
studying civil engineering and travel too much.

http://www.privat.kkf.net/~alexander.neumann/