Cob: water softeners

Wil Maertens biofab at ricestraw.com
Thu Jul 8 01:01:58 CDT 1999

Cheryl Bailey wrote:

> Do any of you have experience with magnetic water softeners?  Do they work?
> Since some I have seen are not dependent on electricity I thought you may
> have tried some.

Cheryl,
By coincidence the day I read your message a visited a house that
had a MAGNETIC water conditioner behind the water meter in a
underground box.  The device was hung like a diesel fuel filter and
was about the size of a concentrated fruit juice can.  The piping was
3/4".  The home owner sells the units that are out of Germany.  This
unit costs around U$1800.  The man said that his yard has not been
fertilized, just watered (lush).  There was an African Violet the size
of a half basket ball on the table.  No, the guy wasn't green.
"The Water Activation Unit" claimed in writing that specific energy
frequencies are concentrated into water in a process of dynamic
implosion,  re-aligning the molecular structure of the water and
restores it to a natural state of sparkling energy and oxygenation....
whatever all this bravo sierra means I was intrigued by the water
coming thru the unit and becoming COOLER.  The vendor could not
tell me how much cooler.
Trying to seem intelligent I ask the gauss value of the perm magnetic
unit.  Got a blank stare from the guy and he changed the subject to
how his wife liked bathing in the water.
OSHA says you must be warned for DC fields over 5 gauss.
Permanent big mags can twist ferromagnetic staples left in tissue
after surgery, so don't belly up to one of these phantasms.
This guy said they offer financing. Go figure.
If I can dig out more info will post it.  Will probably have to find the
international patents to get the specifics.  Wil