Cob: Insulation etc

John Schinnerer John-Schinnerer at data-dimensions.com
Mon Jul 19 15:16:14 CDT 1999

Aloha,

-----Original Message-----
From: Sojourner [mailto:sojournr at missouri.org]
>The interior "siding" could be anything from gypsum board to rough sawn
>lumber.  Thick paneling would even do it (but not the flimsy stuff
>that's usually sold to be put up over gypsum board).  You could even use
>exterior grade T1-11.

Be aware that T-111 is a glued wood product, usually using formaldehyde
based adhesives, and the warmer it gets the more it offgasses.  I'd avoid
putting this stuff inside any structure (or outside either, personally
speaking), especially a heated one.  I know of a sauna that was (due to
simple ignorance of this fact) built with T-111 on the inside...saunas are
supposed to get hot inside...everyone got pretty sick the first time they
tried to use it and they had to tear out the T-111 and put in something more
appropriate (cedar or redwood, for a sauna... ;-)

John Schinnerer