cob wall width, was Cob: RE: Insulation

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Mon Jul 19 23:43:39 CDT 1999

My walls are only about 14 inches thick. The reason for that is that is
the thickness of the bags(filled) I use to make my foundations. The
bags are filled with stablized earth. Our temps can get as low as 10
degrees in winter but not for any extented period. We generally get
above freezing during the day in winter with some days as high as the
low 60's or high 50's. I don't anticpate any problems with the walls
and the cold weather this winter.

Pat