Cob: Getting off the coblist / switching to digest mode

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Tue Jul 20 12:50:56 CDT 1999

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 thulin at sciosinc.com wrote:

> It this the correct address to get my name removed
> from the coblist?
[snip]
> P.S. Is there a list I can get on that will occasionally update
> me on what's going on in the world of cob?? If so, please
> let me know . . . thanks!

To remove yourself from the coblist, send an email from the email account
that you used to subscribe to the list, to: majordomo at deatech.com
In the BODY (not subject) of the email place the following line:

   unsubscribe coblist

if you are subscribed to the digest version of the list it should instead
be:

   unsubscribe coblist-digest

If you would like to switch to the digest mode of the coblist - you get
all the information, but alot fewer individual messages.  In digest mode,
messages are grouped together so that they form a single larger email
containing around 40,000 characters (usually between 5 and 20 messages per
email).  To switch to the digest mode, send email to majordomo at deatech.com
with the following lines in the BODY (not subject) of the message:

   subscribe coblist-digest
   unsubscribe coblist

And finally, if you ever wish to browse the archives, find out how to
remove yourself from the list, check the list policies, etc., all
information about the coblist is available at:

    http://www.deatech.com/natural/coblist/

Shannon C. Dealy      |                    DeaTech Research Inc.
dealy at deatech.com     |               - Custom Software Development -
                      |         Embedded Systems, Real-time, Device Drivers
Phone: (800) 467-5820 |      Networking, Scientific & Engineering Applications
   or: (541) 451-5177 |                       www.deatech.com