Cob: Antique window addendum

Grace Benjamin grey_sea at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:20:59 CDT 1999

Hello again everyone;

So my mother read the post I made, and had all kinds of complaints.  The
chief among them was that I misinformed you gravely.

Misinformation #1.  The windows are original to the house, but not in 1910-
the house was built in 1863; and these windows have not cracked or become
intrinsicly damaged in any way.  Neat huh? (I guess this makes it a "real"
victorian.)

Misinformation #2.  I did not point out that the windows were hand blown.
You've got me, I didn't know you could hand-blow a window.  But she's the
PhD in Architechtual History, and she says to let you know that the windows
were 'hand-blown'.

So there it is.  If anyone would like some 1863, hand-blown, pine framed,
two-over-two, tall and narrow windows for their cob cottage, let me know.
She has fifty selling for $100 each.

________________________
Grace Benjamin
Catalyst ReDevelopment