Cob: RE: Exterior painting of cob

Michael Saunby mike at Chook.Demon.Co.UK
Sun Aug 15 02:49:32 CDT 1999

On 15 August 1999 01:57, derrick white [SMTP:sultantq13 at yahoo.com] wrote:

> I have a cottage in Devon UK built out of cob in 1625. the outside
> surface has a rough rendering which I wish to paint. I would appreciate
> any advise on which type of paint to use to keep the 'breathability' of
> the walls, and where I can obtain a supply in the UK.
> My coblist email address is derrick at glebe13.freeserve.co.uk

Two firms local to me that sell products, provide training and carry out some work are:

J & J Sharpe, 16 Clinton Gardens, Merton, Okehampton, EX20 3DP   Tel/fax 01805 603587

Mike Wye and Associates, Glebe House, Buckland Filleigh, Beaworthy, EX21 5HY Tel/fax 01409 281644

It may depend on whether the render you have is lime or cement based.

Regards,

Michael Saunby