Cob: Sustainable Natural Built Homes - Earthships, straw bale, earthen cob, etc.

David KNAPP DMKnapp at mail.rkd.snds.com
Thu Sep 9 23:30:12 CDT 1999

Dear Sigrid,

Please look for my answers below, thanks.  I find the concept of Earthship living to be very similar to other forms of sustainable natural built homes including straw bale, earthen cob, and earth sheltered homes.  In many cases, when I say the word Earthship, I "could" be referring to any of the above sustainable homes as far as talking about a passive solar dwelling that is independent from utility mains.

David M. Knapp
Senior Test Engineer
Factory Test Equipment / GenRad ATE
Hamilton Sundstrand