Cob: Re: Cob status in middle GA

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Mon Sep 20 02:57:59 CDT 1999

Wow, after a big push to beat the last hurricane that missed GA anyway,
I mananged to get my roll roofing up over my house and was happy as a
lark when it rained last night. I still have a bit of work and even
found two or three small leaks but they look easy to fix.

I've got a nice stash of discarded windows and am hanging them by my
oak wood slates till my cob is built up to there level. Plus it sort of
helps block the wind and weather a bit. Rather than use headers, I'm
embedding the windows in a arched opening as that goes better with the
architecture of the building. I'll have some photos in the next month.

I'll be doing quite a bit of plastering (earth mostly but some lime) in
the next few months too.

Plus my wife and I have moved into a small airstream trailer next to
the building. I've only been living in the small trailer for a week and
I can already see how living on the site is forcing me to do those
little extra things that is moving the site from being a building site
to becoming a home.

Love and Light
Pat
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk