Cob: Mortgages-Fannie Mae-Toll Free Number

Julie E. Brent moon_sun at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 12 10:30:13 CDT 1999

I found a toll free number to use for ordering this product
"Underwriting Rural Properties"
1-800-471-5554

-from a previous post on Mortgages -
"A most helpful bit of info we got (courtesy Maggie Remmington), which
may
well be useful to others trying to get financing for an alternative
building
type, is contained in a book called "Underwriting Rural Properties"
published
by Fannie Mae.  On page 12 we found that consideration MUST be given to
unique and non-traditional properties  ". . such as earth houses,
geodesic
domes, log houses, etc."  It is not even necessary for the comparable
sales
used in the appraisal to be of the same type of construction as the
subject
property.  We were surprised that the underwriters in our area
overlooked
this little concession by Fannie Mae.  You may get a copy of the
publication
from:

Fannie Mae
3900 Wicsonsin Ave, NW
Washington, DC   20016-2892
202-752-7000"

Hope this helps . . .
--
In Loving Service
Julie E. Brent

Healing Mother Earth One Person at a Time!
Goodness is the only investment that never fails.    Henry David Thoreau
- US Author and naturalist
http://home.earthlink.net/~danewton/moonsun.html