Cob: Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:45:17 +0800

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Mon Nov 1 07:29:15 CST 1999

In middle Ga, there is a belt of sand and I live right on it.  I have to
have my earth trucked in from offsite. I pay about $10 a ton. The
soil I get is a sandy mix with some clay in it so I don't have to do
any mixing.  Check out any local sand pits as they dig  down they
find veins of clay and will let it go for free or cheap.

Pat

On 29 Oct 99, at 22:47, Tony Palmieri wrote:

> Hey cobbers
>
> I haven't read anything regarding what to do if your local soil is high in
> sand and very low in clay, as it is here in Central Florida. Do I need to
> import clay into the cob mix from outside the region, which does not appear
> correct to me from a bio-regional sustainability standpoint; or just forego
> clay altogether, and use the available local soil, which does not appear
> correct from a chemical analysis standpoint? What to do? Suggestions anyone?
>
> tony palmieri

Pat Newberry
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk