Cob: Cob In Canada>info is avail

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Sat Nov 13 11:01:12 CST 1999

>Everything I have read in this list seems to be about building in warm
>climates.
>and No One is addressing the problems of pests such as earth critters like
>worms
>ants any other burrowing creatures there are several...
>Also Where do you find data related to actual construction procedures..
>Please don't say the library..
>Our library is a county wide and if there is anything use-ful they tend to
>put it in reference
>section and NOT AVAILABLE TO GO OUT..
>I live near (3miles) (and no obstructionsfrom)Lake Huron and the Winters
>can be quite
>severe with Wind chills to -40 and beyond.........
>Any one with usful information Please contact
>John 2beers at "2beers at primeline.net".

John, try using search engines, there is a lot of free info on the web, and
many web sites and digests of already discussed emails in files..just
waiting to be opened..takes time of course. go to my LINKS page shown at
the top of any of my regular web pages...and view some great online
resources...many on building techniqes.  and the listing for Sustainable
resource book is shown..that is an entire free book online..tons if info
thanks to the folks in Texas.

And as for cold weather building...most historical structures techniques
like cob and wood/clay were built in cold northern Scotland, England,
Germany, etc..where winters are severe.

Charmaine R. Taylor
Taylor Publishing 1-888-441-1632
PO Box 6985,Eureka CA 95502