Cob: Re: Milk Paint, Lime Wash and Cob

sabrina free setfree at tir.com
Wed Nov 17 17:10:20 CST 1999

> Stain the lumps through muslin cloth. [I wouldn't know a "muslin" cloth if
> saw one.  Will any open weave cloth do?]

Muslin is not an open weave cloth, neither is it terribly dense.  If you go
to a fabric store and ask they will direct you to it.  There are different
qualities and colors.  (Namely, plain/ permanent pressed, and
bleached/unbleached.)  I would think for straining paint, plain unbleached
is what one would want.  It is cheap, about $1.00 for a yard, on sale.
(Which would be a piece 45" w. x 36" l.)  I do not know the metric
equivalent.

Makes nice curtains too.

Sabrina Free.
(who knows a heck of a lot more about building something on a sewing machine
than on a foundation...)