Cob: RE: cleaning earth plaster

Sarah Kopp kopp at kinneret.co.il
Mon Nov 29 00:11:15 CST 1999

Lime based paints are NOT washable - the paint is not at all durable and
will scrub off the wall together with the dirt.  Many modern quality latex
paints are highly vapor-permeable, and are widely available in US hardware
stores.  The addition of linseed oil to any non-oil-based suspension will
not only inhibit vapor-permeability to some extent, but may also inhibit
dispersion of pigment if the suspension and oil are not compatable.

Sarah,
Tsfat Israel