Cob: Baked Houses

Rosemary Lyndall Wemm lyndall at neurognostics.com.au
Sun Jan 16 07:59:23 CST 2000

Can anyone tell me how "ceramic" houses are made? From what I have
been able to find so far, I get the impression that they were baked
like some kind of iced mud pudding.

How is the house heated up sufficiently?  Does the baking water-proof
them of itself, or does this require glazing?  What is the glazing made
of?

I can understand how this might work for mud brick houses.  But what
about the sacks in super-adobe houses?  What about the straw in cob
houses?

- Rosemary

 Rosemary LYNDALL WEMM,
 B.A.(Hons), M.A.(Neuropsych.), B.Mus.(Inst.), T.S.T.C.,etc.   _--_|\
 Clinical Neuro-psychologist                             Perth/      \
 Perth, Western Australia    lyndall at neurognostics.com.au  -->\_.--._/
 ------------------- http://www.neurognostics.com.au ---------------v-