Cob: Baked Houses

louis louis at pcmagic.net
Mon Jan 17 11:12:42 CST 2000

I think the ceramic house is one those ideas that's undeveloped, and may
never be practical [IMO].  Firing bricks using a big solar collector such
as the one near Barstow, CA seems more workable to me.

The earth bags/tubes aren't intended to be heated.  It would compromise the
integrity of the structure, I'd think.  The tubes he sells looks like
polyproplene to me.   Pretty nasty if heated.

Khalili's latest project is a strawbale dome.  So far he's got the 5/8"
rebar skeleton up.

--L.