Cob: Baked Houses

Rosemary Lyndall Wemm lyndall at neurognostics.com.au
Wed Jan 19 22:28:36 CST 2000

Charmaine Taylor wrote:

> Here's a wacky idea for " hand to mouth [or hand to clay]  builders"   Use
> Solar Stove Top cooker pattern to make a solar oven that heats ONE brick
at a
> time to 600 degrees plus...bake  for a while, then place fresh adobe brick
in
> place, bake again...the parabolic style oven is $12. to make a pattern,
and
> hey, 10 or 20 of those puppies all baking bricks all day is a cottage
> industry!!!

Not really too whacky, Charmaine!  It might actually be possible - if such a
pattern were available.  Anybody know where to find one?  I'm sure the
stoves
could be useful to cook mud pies in the "off" season ;-)

- Rosemary

 Rosemary LYNDALL WEMM,
 B.A.(Hons), M.A.(Neuropsych.), B.Mus.(Inst.), T.S.T.C.,etc.   _--_|\
 Clinical Neuro-psychologist                             Perth/      \
 Perth, Western Australia    lyndall at neurognostics.com.au  -->\_.--._/
 ------------------- http://www.neurognostics.com.au ---------------v-