Cob: Baked Houses-Not expensive

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu Jan 20 20:18:30 CST 2000

>The 600 degree solar oven, besides being slow, expensive and labor intensive,
>will only dry the bricks.  It cannnot "fire" them as in a kiln.  Kilns
>bring the
>clay to change state and fuse together.  I must admit though, I am quite
>impressed that a "backyard" solar oven can get that hot.
>
>Mitch Walzer, Prescott AZ

 Au'contraire  my friend...the cooker gets to 600 degrees in minutes, it
made from tin foil and cardboard with a few nuts, bolts, and rods to
support pot and costs nothing really to make, just your time.  I told
Rosemary I have pics of that thing frying eggs in a pan INSIDE the guy's
kitchen..safely... so they do work!  I was referring to a Solar Stove Top
Pattern , not an oven, which is used to cut the cardboard and make the
reflecting panels.

Now true it woin't fire a brick..I did say it was a wacky idea...I wasn't
serious...just thinking outside the box...or the brick kiln, as they say.:>

Charmaine R. Taylor
Taylor Publishing 1-888-441-1632 9-2PST
PO Box 6985,Eureka CA 95502
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms