Cob: The Kwinana Cob Shed Begins

Rosemary Lyndall Wemm lyndall at neurognostics.com.au
Thu Feb 3 22:32:40 CST 2000

Hello Cobbers!

Prior to moving we are doing large amounts of yard clean ups, etc. prior to
renting the house.  Some of the stuff we need to keep [eg spare matching
roof tiles] needs to be housed somewhere asethetic rather than stacked
against fences and/or the existing shed walls.  So I have decided to build a
small cob shed to house them in as well as to use up as much of the spare
junk as I can.  (Beats taking it to the tip or salvage yard.)  I have got as
far as digging and laying the foundations and cob-protective wall, laying
the cement slab floor and trimming the creeper on the back wall prior to
digging in a steel-pole frame [spare pieces lying around] for a roof beam.
[Council rules prohibit attaching anything to the wall itself, but don't say
you can't lean anything against it.]

Pictures of the current state, in its surrounding southern W.A. Aussie bush
garden setting, can now be seen at:

http://www/neurognostics.com.au/Cob_Shed/

The coke bottles stacked between the existing tin shed and the lime-stone
retaining wall, will become a kind of stained glass window wall in the shed.
I intend to paint the ends of the bottles with the stuff used to make fake
stained glass.  I hope it works.

The three door openings will be filled with doors made using 3 iron
screen-door frames.

I have about 20 steel shelves stacked behind the shed, also.  Any ideas
about what to do with these?  The shed is only 4 feet wide so there isn't
much room for furniture.  I'm also hampered by not being able to attach
anything to the back wall.  If I built cob shelves at the back I would have
to leave at least a small space between them and the back wall.

More will be added as things progress - and I have film in the camera.

Enjoy!

- Rosemary

 Rosemary LYNDALL WEMM,
 B.A.(Hons), M.A.(Neuropsych.), B.Mus.(Inst.), T.S.T.C.,etc.   _--_|\
 Clinical Neuro-psychologist                             Perth/      \
 Perth, Western Australia    lyndall at neurognostics.com.au  -->\_.--._/
 ------------------- http://www.neurognostics.com.au ---------------v-