Cob: Re: tabby?

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Mon Mar 13 01:47:03 CST 2000

John I saw an artivcle a long while back of a woman who is burning shells and
making tabby. I think she was in SE US. but not sure. The article focused on her
living in 1700s style and building vernacular with tabby.  Its much like cob,
but the seaashell aaspect means its more like Roman cement with the result, the
shells providing a pozzalonic reaction with clay to harden very hard.