Cob: a first project/ natural building symposium-Bath, NY

sara fishkin sarajoyfishkin at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 15 08:15:29 CST 2000

hello everyone, i am a newcomer to this list, and a newcomer to the world of
natural building. before i ask my question, i want to say that there is a
natural building symposium in Bath, NY june 3-10. it sounds great, and if
anyone wants details they should email: ketsie at aol.com.

okay heres my project: i would like to build a curved bench for my garden
this summer. i want to build it out of cob, and i know what i want it to
look like, but i am not sure what to use for the "foundation" or support to
make it a strong bench so that anyone can sit on it and so that it could
survive eastern PA seasons. i thouhg that this would be a good first project
for me to get my hands into the mix and feel what the materials feel like,
how they work, etc. but i have never ever done anything of the sort before!
so, i am hoping to have some response with good advice, in general, and
specifically about the support for the bench.

thanks!
-sara fishkin