Cob: Terra 2000 8th International Conference

Christopher Greenslade Chris at vicgreen.fsbusiness.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 15:19:58 CDT 2000

Hi to all you cobbers out there on this beautiful world.
Now I am sure you are aware that from the 11 - 13 May 2000 at Torquay Devon
UK, the 8th International conference on the study and conservation of
earthen architecture.
Themes:
1) Archaeological monuments and sites.
2) Materials and craftsmanship.
3) Conservation, repair and maintenance.
4) Continuity of tradition: new earth building.
5) Political, legal, and economic context; promotion
and consciousness - raising.
Each theme will be chaired by an International expert.
The official languages of the conference will be English, French and
Spanish.
Simultaneous translation will be provided for the presentations.
It will also have pre - prints, exhibition and poster session, trade fair
and exhibition, conference tour, post conference tours and other associated
events.
For more details:
Fax 44 (0) 1752 233310
E - mail terra2000 at plymouth.ac.uk
You never know I might see some of you there!

Best regards to you all
Chris Greenlsade