Cob: Re: Stayin cool in Georgia

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Tue May 9 11:11:31 CDT 2000

Just a note on the temperature difference inside my dome vs outside,
I have found that the temperature difference during the hottest time of day is about 10 degrees
cooler inside my dome.

The dome has 12 + inch thick earth walls, with a ferro-cement cap/top/roof, non-insulated, but
coated with cool seal. It got 90 + yesterday and it was about 80 degrees inside the dome.

The sun never hits the dome walls due to my outer roof, Plus I have just dirt floors at the moment,
thus I'm quite thermo-coupled to the earth.
Yet quite a bit of light inside the dome with the single sky light at the top of the dome.

Pat
Pat Newberry
www.gnat.net/~goshawk