Cob: sloped / hillside foundations / jud

John Fordice otherfish at home.com
Mon May 22 10:54:42 CDT 2000

Jud,
Your sister's concerns are well placed - hillside foundations need to be
benched at the bottom and constructed so that all the (stepping ?) top
surfaces are LEVEL and TIED together.  It seems ( at least on cursory
thinking about it ) that this would be difficult ( maybe impossible ? )
to achieve with a rubble trench method.

I personally would go to the added cost / strength of a reinforced
mortared stone or concrete foundation.

john fordice
TCCP