Cob: Re: Insulating in cold climates

Julie Newhook julie.newhook at nf.sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 20 08:37:23 CDT 2000

Well, it's just that I know of someone in Nova Scotia who had a strawbale house-
got a gov't grant to build it I believe.  Anyway, they had to do alot of
monitoring for rot.  It sounded like a great deal of hassle and worry so I was
just looking at alternatives.  Fleece had been suggested to me for roof insulation
so I was just thinking about it.  I like the idea of straw in the cob mixture, but
I was just wondering if it would be enough for our cold climate.

Julie